It is great to finally be up and running – hooray!
I have been amazed at the support so far and thank you so much to those of you who have already donated – much appreciated.
My Virgin Money Giving page (which you should see on the left hand side of my page) is set up in partnership with Blythswood as they have kindly offered to help me transfer the money safely and to the right people in Kenya…I am a little naive and thought this would be easy, accountants would say otherwise!
Already had some great ideas for raising money including pop-up shops, ceilidhs, hill walking and gin!
Watch this space…
Feels like ages ago I started to think about doing something a bit different for my Birthday. I thought it would be easy to set up and get going but I guess any good idea takes a while to get going..so where am I at?
1. I turn 30 in 58days so I need to be up and blogging by then – this is the first of many!!
2. It’s nice to be back on WordPress because I lost (AKA forgot) the password – whoops!!
3. I’ve moved house (see below) and don’t have Internet until August so updates will be initially slow but will pick up..think my 3G bill could be massive.
4. I am raising money via a registered charity for tax purposes. This still needs set up so no money yet please!!
5. I need to think of my first plan to raise money-so far I am thinking of putting together a ‘Kickstarter’ campaign with help from a few friends who I think owe me a favour..ha ha!!
6. I need to get on and do it and not be distracted by all the cool and expensive stuff I want…Mulberry, Camera, Apple Laptop, Bike…blah…blah…blah…
Yes, I’m still normal – but I need to do this. I was there, I spoke to the teachers, I played with the kids, I know the impact that an extra classroom could have and I have to keep remembering that.