So, the plan had initially been to try and raise £30,000 by the time I reach the end of my 30th year. However, a little bundle of joy out a slight spanner in the weeks so the deadline has been pushed to the end of my 31st year!
The money raised will be used to build an extra classroom in Kwa Njenga Primary and provide the school with the necessary tools jotters and textbooks that are needing for effective learning to take place.
How will I raise the money? That’s a good question!
1. Share the story through social media, blogging and the Internet.
2. Take part in two sponsored events (I can only ask friends and family so many times!)
3. Replace all Birthday gifts with donations.
4. Create some sort of viral video (this could be interesting!)
5. Hold a fundraising event.
6. Run a Kickstarter campaign.
7. Try out other weird and wonderful ways to raise money – suggestions welcome!
I am going to aim to do all by the time I turn 31…make that now 32!
DEADLINE : 15.09.15